The Nature of Consciousness (Pt. 1 of 2: Why A.I. must fail) - Cliff High
Apr 18th, 2019 by forumborealis
Sensei High is back for a deeper level of woo: The mystery of the mind - especially versus Artificial Intelligence & Transhumanism, exploring different aspects of consciousness: it's nature, function, manifestations, & implications. Some issues explored in part 1: How's AI different from human intelligence? Why will AI never achieve sentience & self awareness? What's the source of mind? What's the secret of life? What's our multiple minds? Can simulations surpass our ability to distinguish? What's the structure of existence? Can AI be "possessed"? Is channeling real? Can mind influence machine? + We muse on the dangers of astral projection...
:: :: :: ::
All programs are gratis & listener funded. Please consider supporting our work and help cover costs by donating, subscribing to our channel, liking & sharing our posts. Subscribing to our website (https://www.forumborealis.net/contribute) gives you direct access to all shows before public release + various bonus & backstage clips. Our shows are chronologically arranged in different series collected in separate playlists.
:: :: :: ::
* The Nature of Consciousness (Part 1 of 2: Why A.I. must fail) - A conversation with Cliff High (S06P07A)
* © Forum Borealis. May not be reproduced in any commercial way.
* Guest: CE Clif High (https://www.forumborealis.net/guests)
* Recorded: 29 January 2018
* Bumper music used with cordial permission from © Loopus.net
* This Program is part of our sixth series called EXPLORING ESOTERIC PHILOSOPHY (https://www.forumborealis.net/series)